Monday, October 25, 2010

Different viewpoints

I just finished reading a very eloquent open letter to a Dr. Kartzinel, who has some very controversal views about autism and how to "treat" it.    Most of the comments posted were extremely negative, but the last one seemed to be the best - saying keep an open mind and try to understand a different point of view - even if you don't agree with it.   Here's the link:



For myself, I don't really agree with Dr. Kartzinel's view, but I think it's important to listen to all sides.   You never know what tidbit you might glean from someone else's thoughts that could have an impact in your own.

As for Lonnie - she is happy, bright, learning new things, always full of surprises and the greatest joy in my life.  I take her as she is - help her all I can - and love her all I can.

No comments: