Thursday, March 5, 2009

Surprise

I realized recently that I had been fostering a false sense of security because Lonnie had never shown any interest in the internet. So much so that our computer is set up for automatic login when you click on the Internet icon. I walked in the room a couple of days ago to find Lonnie not only on the internet, she was on EBay looking for a Minnie Mouse costume for next Halloween! I had done some preliminary searching there and apparently she had been watching me.

This is another typical aspect of autism; that one cannot necessarily tell when an autistic person is aware or paying attention to their surroundings.

2 comments:

Marty said...

She is like a treasure chest. All these precious gems are hidden inside and we keep getting surprised by her brilliance! I love her.

Mary said...

wow! That is really cool and probably a little hard not knowing what she might pick up on. :)
Love yu Aunt kitty:)